Sunday, 27 March 2016

Vintage & Pastels

Audrey Hepburn's classic look in Breakfast at Tiffany's, Marilyn Monroe's famous halter neck white flared dress and red lipstick, Mary Crawley's gowns in Downton Abbey. Who doesn't remember and love these looks?

Bell bottoms, flared pants, platforms are all coming back in trend. Mind you these are the styles our mums wore during their college days .Those cute frocks,polkas & Mary Janes, everyone loves a little bit of vintage. Isn't it?

So here I am sharing how I tried to incorporate vintage & pastels for the fading spring. 


I paired a pastel green A-line skirt with a white top. I chose a white top with frills on the neckline to add that vintage look. As plain white top would have made the look contemporary. 


I accessorized my look with pearl eartops and a clutch with a very short sling to maintain the vintage ensemble.



My first fashion illustration by my super talented friend Hage Namie. :) Isn't it amazing?

I bought this skirt from a thrift store at Lajpat Nagar,New Delhi. Guess the price? :)
I hope you liked the look. :)

Credit- Hage Namie

Much love,
Rabika

P.S- I would love to hear what you have to say about my look in the comments below. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Rabika,

    I see that you have qualified for the post grad course (Maths) in univ of Hyd. Congratulations. It is a very rare opportunity to be a student of geniuses like Prof. Kumaresan and Prof. Kannan , among others.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete